Tales of Zestiria
- Captivating storytelling with well-defined characters.
- Engaging and deep combat system with various combinations of attacks and skills.
- Beautiful anime-style graphics that immerse players in the fantasy world.
- A rich RPG experience with crafting, character progression, and equipment customization.
- Diverse and challenging enemy encounters, including mini-bosses and epic bosses.
- Limited camera control during battles may be frustrating
- Lack of exploration incentives in certain areas
Tales of Zestiria, the fifteenth installment in the renowned Tales series, brings players on an unforgettable adventure in a beautifully animated JRPG universe. Developed and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment, the game immerses players in the fantasy continent of Greenwood, where mystical powers, epic battles, and engaging storytelling await. In this review, we’ll explore the gameplay, graphics, and overall experience that Tales of Zestiria offers to both long-time fans of the series and newcomers alike.
- Developer: Bandai Namco Entertainment
- Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
- Release Date: October 2015
- Platforms: PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows
- Genre: JRPG, Adventure, Fantasy
- Official Website: https://store.steampowered.com/app/351970/Tales_of_Zestiria/
Tales of Zestiria Gameplay
Tales of Zestiria presents players with a classic JRPG experience infused with captivating visual novel elements. Players step into the shoes of Sorey, a young man who seeks to become a shepherd, a revered protector with mystical powers bestowed upon them by the seraphim. Sorey embarks on a journey to bring peace to the continent of Greenwood, plagued by the invasion of Hyoma monsters born from negative emotions.
As players explore the open world divided into different locations, they will unravel a well-crafted narrative filled with compelling events and interactions. Combat occurs in real-time, allowing players to utilize a fusion of swords and magic to fend off a myriad of enemies. The combat system, known as the Fusionic Chain Linear Motion Battle System, introduces an engaging and deep experience that challenges players to master various combinations of regular attacks and special skills.
Tales of Zestiria boasts a rich RPG experience, with players acquiring and upgrading various weapons through crafting and merging mechanics. Defeating enemies and uncovering hidden treasures rewards players with valuable resources and equipment that aid in strengthening the heroes. As characters grow stronger, players gain access to new skills and enhancements, further diversifying their combat strategies.
Storyline and Characters
The game excels in storytelling, with a well-written and captivating plot that will resonate with fans of the Tales universe. The narrative unfolds through character dialogues, visually appealing novel elements, and cinematic cutscenes. The character development is equally impressive, with each hero possessing a distinct personality, background, and motives that contribute to their engaging interactions and behavior throughout the game.
Graphics and World Design
Tales of Zestiria boasts stunning anime-style graphics, bringing the colorful and vibrant world of Greenwood to life. The level design is well-crafted, featuring intriguing locations and hidden caches for players to explore and discover useful resources. Additionally, the attention to detail is evident in the design of NPCs and enemies, making the game world feel alive and immersive.
Tales of Zestiria is a remarkable addition to the beloved Tales series, offering a rich and captivating JRPG experience. The well-written narrative, engaging combat system, and beautiful anime-style graphics make for an immersive and enjoyable adventure. Despite a few minor flaws, Tales of Zestiria remains a must-play for fans of JRPGs and lovers of anime-inspired worlds. With its deep storytelling and well-designed characters, Tales of Zestiria is sure to resonate with both seasoned players and newcomers to the series alike.
Tales of Zestiria System Requirements
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 4830 or equivalent
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+, 2.6GHz
- File Size: 12 GB
- OS: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti / AMD Radeon HD 7850 or equivalent
- CPU: Intel Core i3-530, 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 940, 3.0GHz
- File Size: 12 GB
- OS: Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 10 (x64)