Who is Noelle?
Noelle is a maid who serves the Knights of Favonius, dreaming of joining the order’s ranks. She would be an excellent DPS and support character, especially if you manage to develop her talents and get the first constellation.
Since Genshin Impact is not only about battles and maths, but also about charming heroes, we’ll start the guide with a brief description of Noelle. This shy cute girl is a Maid and Apprentice Knight of the Knight of Favonius, who manages the order’s everyday routine. She’s a caring and loyal friend who will always help a Traveler on their adventure. If you get to know her closer, you’ll learn plenty of interesting things about her — she’s always happy to tell you about her favourite dish or hobbies and even discuss other heroes.
If you manage to receive this character, you will be able to cook her special dish Lighter-Than-Air Pancake: to receive it, you have to cook Tea Break Pancake with Noelle. Lighter-Than-Air Pancake revives and restores 15% of Max HP and an additional 550 HP to the target fallen character.
What kind of character is Noelle?
If you’re a beginner and want to build a strong team quickly, you should take a closer look at this character and consider getting her. Noelle is one of the most casual-friendly characters: she has a high damage rate and excellent defence, so you can just relax and play as you want. The game forgives your mistakes when you play as this character: nothing terrible will happen if you don’t use your skills on time or fail to complete the combination of attacks. You can use Noelle both as the primary damage character and support – she’s good in both roles.
The main thing about Noelle is that she loses DPS potential to the main 5* characters in the early stages of the game, but this changes dramatically by AR 40. Also, her Ultimate ability is relatively slow to reload without support, so you should pick up a second Geo character to her party. You can also easily solve this problem by pairing her with Geo Traveller or equipping her with Favonius Greatsword.
Noelle reveals herself as a great healer and support already with Constellation Lv.1 “I Got Your Back”. This constellation’s main feature is that when her ultimate ability Sweeping Time and Breastplate are both active, the Breastplate healing rate will be raised to 100%. It allows healing the team in the middle of the battle while causing significant damage to the enemies. If you choose her as main DPS, you’ll be fine to play her at all Constellation levels, but she will reach the pick power at Lv.6 “Must Be Spotless”, which increases her ATK by 50% of her Defence.
Noelle is an elementary character to control: all you have to learn to do is to press attacks in time and combine them with abilities. Since she is a claymore user, her basic attacks are relatively slow, especially the 4-5 hit. It’s possible to skip the last attack and recovery frames by shifting or jumping in time. Her attacks are extremely powerful against the shields and physically vulnerable enemies; however, she can’t fight Geo slimes and other Geo-powered enemies with her ultimate ability.
- Normal Attack: Favonius Bladework – Maid — Performs up to 4 consecutive strikes. Charged attack drains Stamina to perform continuous spinning attacks against all nearby enemies.
- Breastplate — summons protective stone armour, dealing Geo DMG to surrounding enemies and creating a shield. The shield’s DMG Absorption scales based on Noelle’s DEF.
- Sweeping Time — an ultimate ability. Noelle gathers the strength of stone around her weapon and strikes the enemies with Geo DMG in AoE attacks.
- Devotion — first passive ability. When Noelle is in the party but not on the field, the ability triggers automatically when the active character’s HP falls below 30%. Devotion creates a shield that lasts for 20 seconds and absorbs DMG equal to 400% of Noelle’s DEF. This effect can only occur once every 60s.
- Nice and Clean — second passive ability. Every 4 Normal or Charged Attack hits will decrease the CD of Breastplate by 1s; hitting multiple enemies with a single attack is only counted as one hit.
- Maid’s Knighthood — a passive cooking ability. When a Perfect Cooking is achieved on a DEF-boosting dish, Noelle has a 12% chance to obtain double the product.
- Lv.1 “I Got Your Back” — If the ultimate ability is used at the same time as Breastplate, all attacks are guaranteed to heal.
- Lv.2 “Combat Maid” — Reduces stamina consumption of a Charged attack by 20% and increases damage by 15%.
- Lv.3 “Invulnerable Maid” — Increases the level of Breastplate by 3.
- Lv.4 “To Be Cleaned” — When Breastplate is destroyed, it deals 400% of Noel’s attack power around the character. The damage is especially powerful if the ultimate ability is used at the same time.
- Lv.5 “Favonius Sweeper Master” — Increases the level of the ultimate ability Sweeping Time by 3.
- Lv.6 “Must Be Spotless” — Ultimate ability extends its effect by one second for each kill of a mob, up to 25 seconds total, and also increases the attack by 50% of Noelle’s defence.
Materials Needed for Noelle’s Ascension:
Full Ascension of Noelle requires Prithiva Topaz gems (1 Silver, 9 Fragments, 9 Chunks, 6 Gemstones), 168 Valberries, 18 Stained Masks, 30 Damaged Mask, 36 Omnoius Masks, and 46 Basalt Pillars.
The Talent ascension requires Damaged Mask, Stained Mask, and Ominous Mask that drop from Hilichurls. You will also need to get Teachings of Resistance, Guide to Resistance, and Philosophies of Resistance that can be obtained from Forsaken Rift on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. You will also need one Dvalin’s Claw, which drops from Stormterror Dvalin Boss once a week.
What artifacts will work for Noelle?
- Gladiator’s Finale — ATK +18%. It’s a universal set for damage dealers, which works well on Noelle. It raises the damage of regular attacks but does not give boosts for Charged attacks.
- Retracing Bolide — Increases Shield Strength by 35%. This set is suitable for the late stages of the game. If you manage your character well and know how to avoid shield removal, Retracing Bolide is much more stable and useful than Gladiator’s Finale. This set also does not buff the shields applied on the teammates by Noelle.
- Bloodstained Chivalry – Physical DMG +25%. After defeating an enemy, increases Charged Attack DMG by 50% and reduces the Stamina cost to 0 for 10s. It works incredibly well if you have Constellation Lvl.2
- Archaic Petra — Geo DMG Bonus +15%. This set is necessary to increase the stats of the central team core and protect heroes. It’s one of the most useful artifact sets for the late game, but it works better only when you play using a combination of characters that work together well.
- Maiden Beloved – Character Healing Effectiveness +15%. This set gives a maximum increase to Noelle’s healing abilities. Still, it is only useful for the very early stages of the game for quick Healer Builds because it provides no defence or ATK bonuses. In the late stages of the game, you most likely will have to switch to the Archaic Petra.
Weapons for Noelle
Noelle is a claymore user, which means that you will have to adapt to the slower gameplay pace and learn how to skip the attack animations. Despite this disadvantage, claymores do quite a lot of damage compared to other types of melee weapons, which allows unlocking Noelle’s excellent damage dealer potential. Most of the claymores available in battle passes (Serpent Spine, The Unforged, Wolf’s Gravestone, Skyward Pride) are suitable for this character, so we’ll start with the more free-to-play accessible options.
Since this hero is one of the most flexible characters in terms of gameplay role, you’ll have to pick the weapon for her based on the preferred build. Whether you choose to make her a support or damage dealer, there are plenty of great options which are available for free-to-play players; however, if you’re lucky enough to get a suitable high-tier weapon for her, the combat potential will increase dramatically.
Weapons for DPS Noelle:
- Prototype Archaic — the standard strong craftable claymore for every claymore character. Noelle does well with this weapon as a damage dealer.
- Whiteblind — another craftable weapon that is suitable for Noelle in the later stages of the game. With this weapon, Noelle is a little slower to gain energy for ultimate ability, but Whiteblind improves her stats more harmoniously, allowing her to strengthen her basic skills and attack.
- Sacrificial Greatsword — the main feature of this weapon allows reducing the cooldown of Noelle’s abilities. At Const Lv.4, this feature will open an opportunity to use the Breastplate’s ability to cause 400% of damage twice.
- Favonius Greatsword — a weapon suitable for the damage-dealer Noelle. This weapon quickly allows you to regenerate ultimate ability without the support of second Geo heroes-supports.
- Serpent Spine — the stсrongest claymore suitable for Noelle, because it does the best job of maintaining shields on the field. Also, this weapon has an extra crit chance and additional damage.
Weapons for Support Noelle:
- White Iron Great Sword — a 3-star Claymore which can be obtained from chests. This weapon will restore the HP after defeating the opponent.
- Wolf’s Gravestone — the best claymore for the support Noelle, working well with the Archaic Petra set. When you hit an enemy, it activates a passive skill that works on the whole team of characters.