- Unique fusion of MOBA and battle royale elements, creating dynamic gameplay.
- Variety of playable wizards with distinct skills for diverse strategic options.
- Engaging environmental hazards that add depth to combat.
- Pre-round spell selection and upgrade system allows for tactical customization.
- Matches can become quite chaotic with many players.
- Absence of a single-player or campaign mode.
- Lack of variety in playable characters compared to other MOBAs.
In a sea of Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) games, Spellsworn stands out with its enchanting fantasy setting, strategic spell-based combat, and dynamic environment challenges. Developed and published by Frogsong Studios, Spellsworn pushes the genre’s boundaries by introducing elements traditionally seen in the battle royale genre and weaving them into its gameplay.
- Developer: Frogsong Studios
- Publisher: Frogsong Studios
- Release Date: March 13, 2018
- Platforms: PC (Windows, Linux)
- Official Website: Official Site
- Genre: Fantasy Action MOBA
Spellsworn brings a unique charm to the MOBA scene with its plethora of wizards, each possessing a diverse set of skills and magical abilities. Players can engage in battles across a range of diverse terrains and environmental conditions, each adding an extra layer of depth to the strategic combat. Whether you’re teaming up with friends or squaring off against random players online, Spellsworn offers a thrilling and immersive experience.
At its core, Spellsworn is a player-vs-player (PvP) arena-based combat game where the last wizard standing emerges victorious. In contrast to the traditional MOBA format, each of the five rounds begins with players casting a spell, which can either harm enemies or aid in evasion. The inclusion of encroaching lava, a feature more commonly seen in battle royale games, steadily narrows the playable space, intensifying the combat and forcing players into close-quarters engagements.
The game’s battlefield is divided into two key areas: the safe central arena and the perilous outer ring. While the central arena only exposes players to attacks from opponents, the outer region adds the threat of environmental damage. This division adds a tactical layer to the gameplay, with players constantly attempting to push rivals out of the central area and into the surrounding hazards.
Prior to each round, players can select spells to utilize in the upcoming battle. Earning in-game currency allows for the purchase of new spells and upgrades for existing ones, further enhancing a character’s power. These spells fall into five distinct categories, offering a wide range of tactical options.
Spellsworn maintains a captivating visual style that perfectly complements its fantasy setting. The game’s vibrant and clear graphics not only make for an appealing aesthetic but also ensure that players can quickly orient themselves on the battlefield. The isometric view provides a comprehensive view of the arena, making it easier for players to strategize and execute their plans effectively.
Spellsworn offers a fresh take on the MOBA genre, marrying its strategic, character-based combat with exciting, last-man-standing gameplay. The game’s core mechanic of using spells and its clever use of environmental hazards create a unique, immersive experience.
Spellsworn System Requirements
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 8600/9600GT, ATI/AMD Radeon HD2600/3600
- CPU: Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz
- File Size: 3 GB
- OS: Windows 7 (64bit)